fsxNet is a fun, simple and experimental network established in late 2015.
It uses Fido Technology Networking to communicate between connected Bulletin Board Systems (BBS).
The network uses ZONE 21 and there are four NETs with each NET being served by a HUB system. The fsxNet HUB addresses are 21:1/100 , 21:2/100 , 21:3/100 and 21:4/100
fsxNet is not a perscriptive network. e[X]perimentation is at heart of its name and members are actively encouraged to be creative in their use of the network. Only a handfull of message areas and file bases are used - setup is quick and [S]imple.
Technologies covered by the network include (but are not limited to) BBSing, ANSI art, Amateur (HAM) Radio, Retro / Vintage Computers & Gaming, FTN communications, network protocols & topologies, encryption methods, contemporary computers (e.g. Raspberry Pi), computer coding and more.
fsxNet sees a number of messages posted to it every week. It is an active support network for Mystic BBS software. It is also a proud supporter of developers of other BBS software spanning BBS systems, door games and more..
fsxNet is not an invite-only closed network, rather it is an open community and everyone who wishes to join is welcome.
Do you find it [F]un to learn about and use retro computing technologies? Would you like to be part of a group that enjoy experimenting and developing those technologies further? If the answer is yes, then we invite you to join us :)
- Develop and encourage international communications between 100 (or more) geographically diverse bulletin board systems.
- Support and create learning and experimental opportunities between members.
- Foster borderless international friendships.
- Explore and develop new and interesting methods of online communication between members.
- Have fun, be respectful and helpful to each other.
- Members using fsxNet to conduct themselves with the above goals in mind. Failure to do so risks being delisted by the Network Coordinator.
- The use of the network for illegal purposes is not permitted. Members deemed to be engaged in such activities will be delisted by the Network Coordinator.
- Real names used in the nodelist, aliases or real names welcome in all echoareas.
- Messages containing ANSI should use a [ANSI] prefix in the message subject line. This allows members who can’t view ANSI content to opt out reading it if they are unable to do so. e.g. Subject: [ANSI] Something I drew last night
Echoareas / Fileareas
- FSX_GEN - A general discussion echoarea covering many topics. Test messages and other experimentation is welcome.
- FSX_MYS - Mystic BBS discussions, support and development.
- FSX_CRY - Cryptographic discussion and experimentation. Public key sharing, encoded messages, testing etc. is welcome here.
- FSX_BOT - The first choice for non-human roBOT output. May contain BBS and NET ads, stats reports, telemetry reports, traces of nuts etc. Set your BOT free in this area :)
- FSX_BBS - BBS software, development and support. The echoarea is also host to fsxNet Wiki discussions and support.
- FSX_DAT - InterBBS Data. An echomail area used by software such as InterBBS Oneliner or Double-Up (both by Darryl Perry) to send inter-BBS data between nodes in fsxNet. In most cases the data is not readable or of interest to human eyes. Sysops may wish to hide this echo from BBS users.
- FSX_MAG - Magicka BBS discussions, support and development. This echoarea is experimentally gated to HappyNetX MNET network.
File Area s###
- FSX_NODE - Weekly Nodelists (fsxNet, etc.)
- FSX_INFO - Weekly Infopacks (fsxNet, etc.)
- FSX_MYST - Mystic BBS Software
- FSX_MUTL - Mystic BBS Utils, Mods etc.
- FSX_SOFT - BBS Software (Current + Legacy)
- FSX_DOOR - BBS Doors, Games etc.
- FSX_UTLS - BBS Utils, Tools, Networking etc.
- FSX_ARTS - ANSI Art - Groups, Individuals etc.
- FSX_TEXT - Text Files (Various)
Net 1 HUB
The fsxNet HUB (21:1/100) accepts BinkD connections via agency.bbs.nz:24556
Please note the port number used at 1/100 is 24556, IPv4 and IPv6 connections are supported.
Net 2 HUB
The fsxNet HUB (21:2/100) accepts BinkD connections via error404bbs.ddns.net:24555
Please note the port number used at 2/100 is 24555, IPv4 connections are supported.
Net 3 HUB
The fsxNet HUB (21:3/100) accepts EMSI/FTS6 connections vis ipv4.agency.bbs.nz:24558
Please note the port number used at 3/100 is 24558, IPv4 connections are supported.
Net 4 HUB
The fsxNet HUB (21:4/100) accepts BinkD connections via bbs.castlerockbbs.com:24560
Please note the port number used at 4/100 is 24560, IPv4 connections are supported.
Joining is easy, to obtain a node number just complete the application form contained in the fsxNet Infopack and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
For anything that’s not applicable, please state “NA”. Thanks for your interest.
fsxNet Files / Links
fsxNet Infopack - Contains rego form, latest nodelist and more
fsxNet Nodelist - Latest nodelist
fsxNet Wiki - useful resources and information for both BBS developers and users alike